[Vserver] /dev/null: Permission denied

From: Roché Compaan <roche_at_upfrontsystems.co.za>
Date: Tue 06 Dec 2005 - 19:42:54 GMT

Hi there

I created a virtual server by first creating a skeleton and then copying
the files from an existing vserver to the new one.

Whenever I start the vserver, init scripts accessing /dev/null (or any
subsequent commands) returns "Permission denied". Re-creating /dev/null
outside the vserver does not help. "ls -l" shows this is a proper device
file:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 2005-12-02 21:32 null

Any idea how to fix this?

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za