[Vserver] Talking about limits...

From: Michel Belleau (malaiwah.com) <michel.belleau_at_malaiwah.com>
Date: Tue 18 Oct 2005 - 20:46:26 BST

Hi.

I tried limiting a vserver memory this week-end but had no luck doing it..

I tried setting the AS and RSS files in the configuration directory, but
it doesn't seem to work the way I wanted. It kills processes (like
apache in my tests) which need more memory than what I allowed in the
limits.

What I would like to do is limit the usage of RAM the vserver has. It
seems that AS and RSS limits are the total ressources of a vserver.

I want to give a vserver 128 megabytes of RAM and 1 gig swap space. I
don't want the OOM killer to restrict applications to ask for more than
128 megs of RAM.

I know I can do it, since how does VPS using vservers work then?

--
Michel Belleau
SERVICES INFORMATIQUES MALAIWAH.COM