[Vserver] vtop?

From: Gaz Wilson <dragon_at_dragons.org.uk>
Date: Thu 06 Oct 2005 - 11:48:55 BST

I know we have the vps process which can essentially show a ps output
of all things running within vservers from the host, but has anyone ever
looked into patching the program top, or writing a new version which will
act like top on the host, showing the UIDs and run states of all processes
in the vservers continuously?

I ask, because we use vservers in a fairly hostile environment, and sometimes
we get rogue processes which are hogging all of the CPU (for example) -
top shows the machine load is up but doesn't show which vserver the rogue
process is in - instead you need to use vps, or log into each vserver
and run top there to find it.

Having one version on top on the host to monitor all processes in the
vservers would be great!

Are there any plans? (Or indeed has someone already done it and I don't
know?)

Thanks

Gary

--
   /           Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480            \
 .'(_.------.  e: dragon@northernscum.org.uk MSN: dragonv480   .------._)`.