From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Sun 02 Oct 2005 - 12:59:26 BST

i am currently using the "Bertl-Shep" stop fix which appears to be working for
the most part. Is there a permanent cure for this now?

I am currently using the following versions

latest as of 2 weeks ago gentoo 2005.1 install on host.

kernel 2.6.13.1 vanilla sources from kernel.org
with patch-2.6.13.1-vs2.1.0-rc2.diff installed.

I am just upgrading now to the
util-vserver-0.30.208-r3

and am using the stage3-latest as of a few weeks ago that was obtained from
Hollow's site.

I guess my question is more than one :) .

1. is the stop bug fixed

2. if so what are the latest versions of the above?

3. what is my best approach for least production problems in
    creating a template?
        a. find an updated stage3 that includes latest base layout
        b. make the template from the latest stage1 vserver build and
            use the latest base layout with that and just build the thing
                    from scratch?

I have moved many servers into guests on various machines temporarily to make
rack space for 'big bertha' (8u machine), a 4 processor system which will
be our final resting place for all the servers. Then the most powerful of the
empty servers will be converted to guest colo machines and the rest retired
and sold.

Since this will be the final production machine I want to do it all right with
all fixes the first time so I don't have to go back and baby-sit it in any
way. This system will be fully automated and at times will be auto-starting
and stopping certain guests which are only in service certain hours on
certain days.. which means there is no room for error. It all has to work
perfectly every time.

Suggestions?

--

Chuck