From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Sat 24 Sep 2005 - 13:13:32 BST

On Saturday 24 September 2005 07:59 am, Tom Laermans wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 05:02 -0400, Chuck wrote:
>
> > yeah.. heh took me 2 tries before i remembered about the esacpe.. thing
is it
> > says the file is a directory when i try rm..
>
> If you don't escape, you're trying to "rm sys" cause I assume the
> command variable would be empty.. which would lead to that problem if
> you are in / while doing it...
>
> > im just going to make another template since this was a minimal insall.
this
> > time when i ran perl cpan config i was smart enough not to do it after
> > spending hours installing packages :)
>
> I have run perl cpan shell many times inside a vserver host without any
> problems..

i figured it should run... there has to be something inherently wrong
somewhere in the base install package then. something to do with terminal
definitions or paths im not sure which as i have not looked at the line of
the error in readline..

once i figure out rproute2 so i can put mutiple public internet connections
from different providers on one box with multiple nics and multiple networks,
then i can go back to this cpan problem.

> Tom

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book