From: Chuck (chuck_at_sbbsnet.net)
Date: Fri 23 Sep 2005 - 22:42:40 BST

I thnk there is something majorly messed up here.. this template was the first
one i tried configuring cpan for since it was the first machine that would
support guests that need it... i reinstalled perl (first template for that
too) and the package system updated it from 5.8.5 to 5.8.6.. same error... ok
so i exited off the template and did vserver template stop

i have the ctrl alt del fix in the inittab yet it timed out. checking vps ax
it was not running. vserver template start said it was running so i went
into /var/run and deleted the context pointer in vserver.rev.. when i tried
to start it it sits there and the server never starts...

this is the oddest problem.. ive never had a problem with the last 3 machines
i did.. at least not fatal like this.. maybe i should have just left cpan
alone:)

hate to trash the template... took me all day installing packages in it that i
want available to the guests.. maybe ill just try installing a new stage 3
system and base layout..

just looked and im rambling.. :(

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger, and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. " The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book