From: Johnny Rose Carlsen (jrc_at_wenix.dk)
Date: Fri 23 Sep 2005 - 21:01:27 BST

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:31:36 +0200
Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 08:49:28PM +0200, Johnny Rose Carlsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone has any experience running Vserver on a Gentoo AMD64
> > system?
> >
> > Gentoo advices one to only use the "gentoo-sources" kernel on AMD64,
> > because of some AMD64 patches. My install uses the "vserver-sources"
> > kernel, but my system definately have some troubles with oopses and
> > processes getting killed.
>
> several providers are already using vs2.0 on x86_64
> (and I got zero bug/issue reports for that) so I
> assume it's working quite fine ... what kernel do
> you use and what kind of 'oopses' do you get?
>
> maybe an oops trace might help to identify possible
> issues and/or misconfigurations ...

This is actually what I wanted to know, because i suspect that my
troubles may lie in a broken Gentoo installation or hardware errors.
Both are very likely at the moment.

First step will be to see whether I can get the server to run stable
with Gentoo AMD64 and no vserver. If thats a success, I will add
vserver-support and see what happens.

If I run into problems, I'll give you an update along with system
information.

--
Thank you,
Johnny Rose Carlsen