From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Thu 08 Sep 2005 - 02:42:29 BST

Cross-reference: Oracle in a vserver has been discussed before, and
apparently is do-able in a new-style vserver
(http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg09546.html)

Hi all,

I've been wrestling with getting Oracle 10.2.0 running in a SuSE 9.1
vserver, using the old tools (and 2.4 kernel).

tnslsnr starts up and merrily consumes half of my cpu (yikes!), however,
when I try to use sqlplus, I get an apparent hang with no error message.
  (Actually, maybe it isn't a hang, as it sits there for at least an
hour, nominally running, eating the other half of my CPU, but doing
nothing obvious.)

I'm a Oracle newbie, so this may not be related to the vserver.
(Unfortunately I can't use postgres for this job.)

So my questions are:

1- Has anyone done an oracle install with a similar (old style) config?
2- If so, want to share any hints, and/or a tarball?

TIA!
Cathy