From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 08 Sep 2005 - 02:58:50 BST

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:42:29PM -0400, Cathy Sarisky wrote:
> Cross-reference: Oracle in a vserver has been discussed before, and
> apparently is do-able in a new-style vserver
> (http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg09546.html)
>
> Hi all,

Hey Cathy!

good to hear that you are still with linux-vserver ...

> I've been wrestling with getting Oracle 10.2.0 running in a SuSE 9.1
> vserver, using the old tools (and 2.4 kernel).

... although older (2.4) stuff ... what version
and tools are we talking about here?
(testme.sh should clarify)

> tnslsnr starts up and merrily consumes half of my cpu (yikes!), however,
> when I try to use sqlplus, I get an apparent hang with no error message.
> (Actually, maybe it isn't a hang, as it sits there for at least an
> hour, nominally running, eating the other half of my CPU, but doing
> nothing obvious.)

well, maybe attaching with strace could shed
some light on the actions ...

> I'm a Oracle newbie, so this may not be related to the vserver.

IIRC, there is a way to get debug output from
the oracle manager ... even for startup