From: Jun OKAJIMA (okajima_at_digitalinfra.co.jp)
Date: Mon 05 Sep 2005 - 12:01:41 BST

>> I mean, I can write -o ro mounted dirs!. Why?
>
>because the mainline kernel folks are lazy and
>Al Viro considers this a feature instead of a bug :)

Thanks and I understand why.
But, if so, something like this could happen,
even with your BME patch.

[Host] # mount -o bind,ro /etc /vserver/103/etc
[Host] # vserver 103 start
[103] # cat /etc/shadow
....you can see shadowed passes from vserver.

I think a root under vserver should be like this:
1. for files under /vserver/103/* -> same as real root.
2. for files bind-mounted from host / -> same as normal user.
your opinion is?

                --- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.