From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 05 Sep 2005 - 02:35:55 BST

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 07:17:54AM +0900, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:

> I found funny behavior about bind mount.
>
> [Host] # mount -o bind,ro /home/okajima /vserver/103/home/okajima
> [Host] # vserver 103 enter
> [103] # cat >/home/okajima/foo
> asldkj
> [103] # cat /home/okajima/foo
> asldkj
> [103]
>
> I mean, I can write -o ro mounted dirs!. Why?

because the mainline kernel folks are lazy and
Al Viro considers this a feature instead of a bug :)

probably complaining on LKML might sooner or later
get this fixed, in the meantime, you might want to
utilize the BME patches:

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/BME/
http://www.13thfloor.at/patches/

> and any clue?

yep, the vs2.1.x development releases include those
patches by default (JFYI)

HTH,
Herbert