From: Kevin Pendleton (kevin_at_roundsphere.com)
Date: Fri 02 Sep 2005 - 15:26:41 BST

Sigurdur Einarsson wrote:

> Since I posted I created a new vserver. This server shows up in
> vserver-stat. The problem is with the vservers created on older
> versions. The new ones have a whole new way of configuration. While
> the old ones use one config file, the new ones have a directory full
> of options.
> My next question is if there is an easy way of converting a config for
> an old version to an updated one?
>

> regards
> Sigurdur Einarsson
> The University Of The Arts Iceland

This is a known issue that the programmers feel is not worth fixing.
vserver-stat does not show the names of the vservers that use the old
style configuration.

It's quite simple to create a skeleton new-style configuration directory
that can then be used as a template for converting the old configuration
style to the new one.

See one script people have used here:
http://linux-vserver.org/Legacy-To-Newstyle-Config

Kevin