From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 19 Jul 2005 - 06:33:16 BST

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:37:41PM +0200, Javier Navarro wrote:

> Hello Herbert,
>
> Thank you very much for your work and your help.

my pleasure ...

> I'm waiting for the release version of vserver v2.0. But I've test rc6
> and it seems to work well. When do you think I may configure v2.0 in
> production? I still use v1.2.0.

several companies are already using the 1.9.x or 2.0-rc*
versions in production, so I guess they are compareable
to the 1.2.x versions (at least regarding 1.2.x features)
although not nearly as well tested (naturally) ...

it will take a few more days (maybe a fortnight) until
we are convinced that it is _final_ and 2.0 will then
be release (of course, shortly after that release, a lot
of bugs/issues will be discovered, when the folks waiting
for a stable release start using it, instead of testing
the release candidates :)

anyway, I'm very confident that we ironed out most of the
real issues and that 2.0.x will be pretty stable (and of
course it will provide an excellent migration path from
1.2.x)

HTH,
Herbert