From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 21 Jun 2005 - 14:51:23 BST

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 07:25:04PM +0200, Marc Fournier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just came across a strange problem on debian with kernel 2.6.11 and
> debian kernel-patch-vserver 1.9.5.3. When my vserver root is an LVM mount
> point (ie: I mounted /dev/mapper/vg0-host on /var/lib/vservers/host), then
> "vserver host start" fails after this:
>
> [...]
> Host name is now host
> New security context is 49153
> capchroot: chroot(): Permission denied
>
> This problem doesn't occur if not trying to chroot on a mountpoint.
> Any idea ? I know it once was possible to do this (with a 2.4 kernel). Am
> I doing something wrong ? Might it be a debian-specific bug ?

the debian tools/patches are broken, please
switch to 2.0-rc4 and 0.30.207, then try again
either with a new guest/volume or by removing
any dubious permissions/flags from the guest
root dir like this:

 chmod 755 /path/to/vserver/guest
 chattr -t -i /path/to/vserver/guest
 setattr --~barrier /path/to/vserver/guest