From: Marc Fournier (fournie_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 18:25:04 BST

Hello,

I just came across a strange problem on debian with kernel 2.6.11 and
debian kernel-patch-vserver 1.9.5.3. When my vserver root is an LVM mount
point (ie: I mounted /dev/mapper/vg0-host on /var/lib/vservers/host), then
"vserver host start" fails after this:

[...]
Host name is now host
New security context is 49153
capchroot: chroot(): Permission denied

This problem doesn't occur if not trying to chroot on a mountpoint.
Any idea ? I know it once was possible to do this (with a 2.4 kernel). Am
I doing something wrong ? Might it be a debian-specific bug ?

Thanks !
Marc