From: Michal Ludvig (michal_at_logix.cz)
Date: Wed 06 Apr 2005 - 06:00:47 BST

Hi all,

I'm running a 32bit vserver on AMD64 host, both are SuSE 9.2
Professional (which is obviously irrelevant here ;-)

Started with the default config a logged in with SSH I run 'uname -m'
which gives me 'x86_64' which is wrong. I want the vserver to believe it
is actually running on x86 hardware. The chroot command must be run from
'linux32' wrapper, something like:

# linux32 chroot /vserver/whatever /etc/rc.d/rc 3

So I changed:
        declare -a VSERVER_EXTRA_CMDS=()
        declare -a VSERVER_EXTRA_CMDS=(linux32)
in vserver.functions and restarted the vserver. Now it's much better -
in SSH session to vserver 'uname -m' says 'i686' which is correct.

I'd like to have this as a per-vserver config option. Can I do it somehow?

The second "problem" (though nothing critical) is that it still reports
'x86_64' when I run 'vserver whatever exec /bin/uname -m' instead of
logging there over SSH. Can this be fixed somehow?

Thanks!

Michal Ludvig

--
* Personal homepage: http://www.logix.cz/michal