From: Holger.Manthey_at_Bertelsmann.de
Date: Fri 04 Feb 2005 - 16:19:52 GMT

Thank you, i got it. I traced the vlimit command. Valid keywords are:
(cpu, fsize, data, stack, core, rss, nproc, nofile, memlock, as, locks)
with a suffix (.soft, .hard, .min)

To set a hardlimit of 256 for the number of processes use:
echo 256 >/etc/vservers/<vserver-name>/rlimits/nproc.hard

To verify the result:

cat /proc/virtual/<xid>/limit
PROC: 1 4 256 0
VM: 1285 2914 -1 0