From: Oliver Heinz (oliver.heinz_at_schunk.net)
Date: Sun 16 Jan 2005 - 12:19:38 GMT

Hi,
can someone please give me information about the current status of
fakeinit support?

With vs1.9.3 and 1.9.4-rc1 utils-vserver 0.30 (as included in debian
sarge) there seem to be still problems with static Context IDs (you
cannot restart the vserver) and stopping the vserver with "vserver name
stop" fails (stopping with shutdown -h or halt from within the vserver
works btw.)

Are those Problems util-server related, and should I give current
version 0.30.196 another try? Or haven't they been addressed, yet?
(Changelog mentions only "added warning about explicit 'fakeinit' usage"
since 0.30.0)

I need fakeinit because monit (the system monitoring utility) relies on
the presence of process id 1 (init). Is there another way to achive
this, like unhiding the real init for all contexts (security is not an
issue here).

Thanks in advance,
Oliver