From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Fri 07 Jan 2005 - 09:08:30 GMT

Stephan Sachse said:
>> also feel free to let me know what you want us to
>> do with the stable 2.4 branch in the future ...
>> (currently it's in deep freeze, bug fix mode)

If for one am not willing to move my stable boxes to 2.6 kernels until I
am quite sure of their stability.
I think most sites are happy enough with 2.4 in deep freeze mode, at least
until they gain some trust on the stability of 2.6.
That is what we all want in production, code freezes.
I'm still running 1.22 with 2.4.23 kernel on most of my production boxes.
It has been rock stable...so their.
I'm just staring to move to 1.27 with the 2.4.27 kernel.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering