From: Kilian Krause (kk_at_verfaction.de)
Date: Mon 27 Dec 2004 - 15:34:19 GMT

Hi Stephen,

> > ??? this is standard in autoconf packages.
>
> I was wondering a bit about this myself.. The difference between
> /usr/lib and /var/lib is pretty clear- is there stuff in util-vserver
> that modifies things in the /usr/lib/util-vserver install? Or does
> util-vserver normally install into /var/lib/util-vserver and that's the
> complaint? I notice on my packaging of 0.30.195 it's in /usr/lib and I
> don't see anything in there that looks like having it there is wrong..

Well, it does install all into /usr/lib/ instead only the libvserver*
into /usr/lib/ and the scripts and addon parts into /var/lib/ where IMHO
they belong. Thus setting the pkglibdir is the only solution to clean up
the dir structure for now. Feel free to tell me /usr/lib/ is right
and /var/lib/ needn't be used.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian