From: Martin Honermeyer (maze_at_strahlungsfrei.de)
Date: Mon 20 Dec 2004 - 12:08:42 GMT

Hello,

I've got a SMP VServer machine running on Gentoo. We have the strange
problem that it is not possible to connect to the host's addresses from
withhin the host's addresses itself. Which means:
* Host can't ping or ssh into any VServer.
* No VServer can ping or ssh the host or any VServer, including itself
(localhost)!

This means e.g. Mailman doesn't work on my VServer because it uses a TCP
socket to connect to Postfix running on the same VServer, which doesn't
work! Only UNIX sockets are working.

Can anyone help? As this is really awkward..

Greetz,
Martin

$ uname -a
Linux vservers 2.6.9-vs1.9.3vs-1.9.3 #1 SMP Wed Nov 24 15:11:19 CET 2004
i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) III CPU family 1266MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux