From: Andreea Gansac (andreea.gansac_at_ines.ro)
Date: Tue 09 Nov 2004 - 13:01:25 GMT

Hi,

        I am now testing the development release 1.9.3 for kernel 2.6 and I
have a few questions. I searched google and the mailing list archives
but nothing helped.

        When I run vserver-stat I get among other things, the VSZ and RSS of
every vserver.
        I have a vserver in which I run apache and mysql. Adding the RSS of all
processes I get around 60M used. But vserver-stat tells me that this
vserver consumes only 15.3K RSS. I don't understand why is this big
difference?

        I successfully limited the RSS and NPROC for a vserver with vlimit but
every time I restart the vserver the limits are reseted. I believe I
have to set this limits in /etc/vservers/vserver_name/rlimits/resource
file.
And I did that like this:

        RSS 16384 //16K for RSS
        NPROC 50

        But still something is wrong... the limits are not taken from the
resource file. Is something wrong with the syntax I used in the resource
file? I also added the same lines in
/etc/vservers/vserver_name/rlimits/resource.hard but didn't help.

        Thanks for your answers and please excuse me if I am boring you with my
questions!

Andreea