From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Mon 04 Oct 2004 - 22:06:42 BST

I'm using vserver as part of the debian util-vserver.
When I created a vserver it appears to mount the proc directive correctly.
These are the mount entries on a vserver that is working correctly:
----------
/dev/hdv1 on / type vfs (none)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
----------

I setup a vserver by copying it from a working instance to a new instance,
it appears I did not copy a dev file or similar correclty.

These are the mount entries on the vserver that is not working correctly.
/dev/hdv1 on / type ext3 (defaults)

It does not appear that the non functioning vserver is mounting proc or
dev correctly.
If I start it up and then mount proc from the host, it appears to work
correctly.
If I shut it down and proc is not mounted in the vserver from the host,
then the shutdown process hangs.

Any idea what could be wrong:

Here are the /etc/fstab entries for the working vserver,
----------
proc /proc proc defaults 0
     0
----------

and the non-working vserver:
proc /proc proc defaults 0
     0
proc /proc proc defaults 0
     0

Thanks for creating such a great product.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering