From: Darryl Ross (daemondazz_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun 05 Sep 2004 - 05:21:46 BST

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:27:46 +0200, Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> wrote:
> hmm, guess this is a philosophical question:
>
> does an ip binding still exist, even when the vserver
> context is gone for a while and there is no process
> 'bound' with that binding?

Of course the binding still exists, it does until you do a 'vserver stop' ...

> I'd tend to say it doesn't exist anymore, but YMMV ;)

Well, the question is, if you start a vserver that has no active
processes running and then do an 'enter' do you get the same context
ID? If you get the same context ID, then that context is still 'alive'
even if it is dormant.

Cheers
Darryl