From: Petar [Lists] (pjn_at_nikolich.org)
Date: Tue 22 Jun 2004 - 18:11:49 BST

It seems clear that the mailing list is starting see an
increased level of spam that will only get worse as the
bastards work out it is getting through to list subscribers.

For this reason alone I would suggest subscription becomes
compulsory.

There is no real reason /not/ to be subscribed. It takes
5 minutes to go through the process and should solve what
/will/ become an increasing problem.

Let's not stick our finger in the dyke wall, rather patch
the hole properly to the best of our current ability and
subscription is clearly the best current solution.

In regards IRC, being on a way different timezone makes
that difficult at GMT +8 while the mailing list is a passive
resource that can be consumed (in order) at any time and
referred to at leisure.

Keep up the good work!

Regards from the list lurker

Petar