From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de)
Date: Mon 23 Feb 2004 - 17:42:39 GMT

dan_at_knownfuture.com ("Dan Winfield") writes:

>> | # vserver foo build -m skeleton --hostname foo --netdev eth0
>> | --interface 10.1.2.3/20 --context 42
>
> Managed to create a vserver using this command. Used debootstrap.
>
> This put all config into /usr/local/etc/vservers and not /etc/vservers
> as mentioned in the doc.

Ok, I assumed an installation through packagemanagement which
sets sysconfdir to /etc instead of $prefix/etc. I added a note to
the Wiki....

> When I run >vserver testunify unify
>
> Nothing happens the command returns immediately and there is no
> feedback!

You can specify one or more '-v' options which should give more
hints.

> Also, I get lots of errors when stopping the vserver relating
> to mounts. Never had this before!

Probably, because old vserver tools do not write the mtab file...

> umount2: Operation not permitted
> umount: none: not found
> umount: /tmp: Illegal seek
> Rebooting... ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied

This is the output of some Debian initscripts. They should be
probably disabled by the post-scriptlet of the 'debootstrap'
method, but I had no time yet to figure out how I can do that for
Debian and which scripts are affected.

Anyway, these error are not critically and can can be ignored for
now.

Enrico