From: Bodo Eggert (7eggert_at_gmx.de)
Date: Thu 08 Jan 2004 - 22:23:32 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Bodo Eggert wrote:

[X outside vserver was considered to be insecure, I told X is insecure
anyway]

> Hmm, this is supposed to be a 'demo', not a public kiosk.

ACK, therefore there is no need to jail the X-Server itself. So if it
doesn't work inside a jail, it's not an issue.

> > installations, but you won't (off cause) be able to run them concurently
> Why not? I have been running multiple X-servers concurently years ago,
> have hardware developers figured some new way of screwing up?

No, I found a way to remember incorrectly, at least for working display
drivers.

> > or testing X, but as far as I can tell not for productive use.
> hmm, then how do you accomplish 'fast user switching'? ie - three
> different users using the same machine 'concurrently'?
> ie - I sit and programm, some family member walks in and wants to 'check
> email'. What do you do?

Open x-term, sux, run program. Or I assign them to one of my other PCs and
X-Terminals.

--
       ¤ Bill of Spammer-Rights ¤
1. We have the right to assassinate you.