From: Dariush Pietrzak (eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl)
Date: Thu 08 Jan 2004 - 09:14:25 GMT

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Bodo Eggert wrote:
> X needs too much privileges to be any good on a secure machine. You might
> reduce some risks, but I doubt you can get something you may actually
> call "secure". Instead, you should run a P90 as X-Server and connect
> using ethernet.
 Hmm, this is supposed to be a 'demo', not a public kiosk.
And how exactly would you secure a box from someone with physical access?
 Running X4.3 alongside X3.3 has nothing to do with security.

> installations, but you won't (off cause) be able to run them concurently
 Why not? I have been running multiple X-servers concurently years ago,
have hardware developers figured some new way of screwing up?

> or testing X, but as far as I can tell not for productive use.
 hmm, then how do you accomplish 'fast user switching'? ie - three
different users using the same machine 'concurrently'?
ie - I sit and programm, some family member walks in and wants to 'check
email'. What do you do?

--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
..The program fails and the power plant explodes, poisoning the earth