From: Darryl Ross (darryl_at_e-consortium.com.au)
Date: Sat 03 Jan 2004 - 23:17:54 GMT

John Francis Lee wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've run vskel and created a vserver and attempted to start it.
>
>It's clear I should eliminate a lot of the startup scripts in
>/etc/rc.d/init.d
>
>But chkconfig seems to work on THE /etc/rc.d/init.d

You can use chkconfig to disable the start up scripts without needing to
actually delete them. Have a look at man chkconfig and have a close look
at the --level and --del options. Use --level if you just want to
disable the script but still show up in a --list and use --del if you
want it to not show up in a --list. (Note: --del does not really delete
the file)

>Do I have to delete all the startup scripts by hand?

You don't need to delete any - read above.

Cheers
Darryl