From: Francis J. Lacoste (francis.lacoste_at_contre.com)
Date: Tue 16 Dec 2003 - 03:52:10 GMT

Hello,

I have upgraded my versers' kernel to the 1.21 patch and I've come
across a problem with 127.0.0.1. (I'm upgrading from version 14).

After the upgrade, connections to 127.0.0.1 fails :

francis_at_Woody:~$ ssh localhost
ssh: connect to address 127.0.0.1 port 22: Connection refused

whereas connection to the vserver's "external" IP address, it works.

I've found that if I add explicitely 127.0.0.1 after to the IPROOT
configuration variable, it works. I do not know if this is the expected
behaviour. (127.0.0.1 seemed to be map automatically beforehand).

But I still get a new problems with the 1.21 version that I didn't had
previously. I had to modify the configuration of the services in the
vserver to accept connections from the "external" IP address. These
services were previously configured to accept only 127.0.0.1
connections, but it seems that the servers now sees the connection
coming from 127.0.0.1 as coming from the "external" IP address.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis_at_Contre.COM