From: Fabio Corneti (ciccio_at_smilzo.net)
Date: Sun 14 Dec 2003 - 16:57:21 GMT

Hi all,
I'm trying the quota tools (0.6 with vserver 1.2.2) in order to enforce
disk limits for my vservers; all seems working, but I'm unsure about the
exact meaning of the parameters passed to the -S option of cqdlim...

If I understood correctly the docs, with the inodes-total and
blocks-total I can specify the maximum number of inodes and blocks that
a vserver can use; but what's the meaning of inodes-used and
blocks-used? Do they refer to the ability of cqdlim to enforce a
predefined "usage" for the vserver filesystem?

If they are set to 0, does this mean that no limit/predefined usage is
applied? I tried to set inodes-total and blocks total to arbitrary
values, leaving other parameters on 0, and df|df -i behave accordingly
(great!), but I would like to understand completely this stuff before
using it on a larger scale.

What's the meaning of %-root?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English,
Fabio Corneti