From: Bert De Vuyst (bert.devuyst_at_intec.UGent.be)
Date: Tue 02 Dec 2003 - 17:47:17 GMT

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 18:27, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 06:10:52PM +0100, Bert De Vuyst wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Do we still have to bind SSH on the host server to it's IP-address, in
> > linux-vserver 1.0? (we had to do it in previous version)
>
> hmm, what is the previous version of the _first_
> stable vserver release vs-1.00? okay, probably
> ctx17 or something like that ...
yes

> you don't have to 'bind' it to an address ...
> but it will help (especially if you want to have
> sshd on the vservers too) ...

Running ctx17 I had to bind ssh to the IP-address of the host server,
otherwise I couldn't login on the vservers using ssh (same story for SMTP and
ftp)
During the installation of a new server running linux-vserver 1.0, I forgot to
change the configuration of SSH. And I could login on the vservers running on
that machine using SSH. I did test SMTP and ftp connections, and it did work.
This machine is now in production use.
All the daemons use the standard init scripts
My configuration:
- kernel 2.4.22 + linux-vserver 1.0 patch
- debian 3.0r1
- debian package of the vserver tools (recompiled from debian testing)

Best regards,

Bert.