From: James Noble (james_at_exactauctions.com)
Date: Mon 10 Nov 2003 - 08:05:38 GMT

Hello, Im new to this list, so Ill say Hi to all first,

second, I am using vserver (just starting with it) at work, I want to build a vps solution for hosting customers, (we plan on about 16 per server, at least 8 per to make it profitable. I tried the h-sphere modification of vserver, freevps, and had troubles with memory allocation. (starting apache in an empty vps took the mem up to 800!) I am installing the real vserver tonight, Ill let you all know if i have trouble.

On a personal note, I am going to try LVM with vserver, (anyone done this?) I want to have small clusters (5 servers each) running in sets of 10 vservers on each one. main goal is failover, I am looking at heartbeat for this, or something similar over ethernet. what i want to do is have hourly updates between server A and B, and B to C,, ect, with b checking every min to see if A is up, if not, check in my reboot log, to see if its being rebooted, if not, activate the copys of the A servers in B, ect.

Im glad to see that this is a active list, it will make thing far easier when i run into trouble.

Anyway, Hello all, and talk to you soon,