From: Charles Dale (bug_at_aphid.net)
Date: Mon 10 Nov 2003 - 08:06:17 GMT

Well Dovecot is quite nice (dovecot.something.fi, hmm you better ask Googs). BUT
don't try it with mbox mailboxes. I got some pretty bad borkage. I also
couldn't understand how the chrooting worked - it failed for some of my users
but I couldn't work out why.

It's probably great if you run it with Maildirs. Actually UW-IMAP would probably
go quicker with Maildirs anyway...

Man UW-IMAP sucks! Some software just lasts too long! Hey I shouldn't be
complaining though, it's worked well enough, if I try and forget how bloody
slow it is...

Re: CHPOSX thing, it looks pretty cool. But I fail to see how it would be
particularly useful for a vserver running typical hosting tasks such as web
server & mail. Is Apache going to be very happy to be knocked out, find itself
awake on a different machine and then try to keep talking with the clients it
was talking to before?? I'd crash myself if I found open network sockets
disappearing all around me... Or is there something I'm missing?

Chuck