From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 03 Nov 2003 - 13:18:27 GMT

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 08:24:39PM +0000, Jonathan Sambrook wrote:
> At 17:28 on Sun 02/11/03, herbert_at_13thfloor.at masquerading as 'Herbert Poetzl' wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jonathan!
> >
> > are you still working/interested in doing
> > heavy vserver cloaking?
>
> Yes I'm interested, but it's not that a _high_ priority for the company,
> so I've been working on non-s_context and/or non-kernel matters.
>
> What do you have in mind?

hey sorry for the last reply!
I obviously sent you the wrong one *blush* ...

now the right one:

we did some things to improve vserver security, like
hiding parts of proc filesystem and we are planning
to add a virtual network device and several other
things, which will vserver make more similar to
a real server ...

you probably know a hundred times more what is
different between a vserver and a real system, and
maybe you are interested in writing test scripts
, programs, or just textual check lists, which find/
name certain differences ...

I see no issue with a 'stealth' mode, which can
be activated/deactivated from the host for each
server (seems to make some sense, for certain
companies) and I'm going to support it, if somebody
shows enough interest and volunteers to do the
required testing ...

> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
> Oh, and congratulations on re-injecting some life into the project {8{)}

tx ...