From: Alexander Goeres (agoeres_at_lieblinx.net)
Date: Mon 03 Nov 2003 - 13:24:00 GMT

Am Sonntag, 2. November 2003 23:44 schrieb Herbert Poetzl:
> > 2. Well, I did the last several times and vservers worked after
> > rebooting. What didn't work was the possibility to set a quota to a
> > test-user. "quotacheck" succeeded, but quotaon -u xxxx -f /dev/hdb7
> > always failed with
> >
> > the errmsg:
> > > quotaon: using /var/aquota.user on /dev/hdb7 [/var] : No such device or
> > > address
>
> did you add the quota hashes as described in the
> (short) documentation on http://www.linux-vserver.org/
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Disk+Limits

How do I add the quota hashes? Isn't it done with
      cqhadd -x 2 -v /dev/hdb7
                ?

> > 3. Another problem was then setting limits to a vserver..
> > cqhadd -x 2 -v /dev/hdb7 always returned
> >
> > > cqhadd adding quota hash for /dev/hdb7 ... failed: Function not
> > > implemented
>
> -ENXIO is returned if the quota hash does not exist,
> where -EPERM is returned if you don't have the required
> permission/capability ...

> best,
> Herbert

And I was reading in one of the postings here about the mount option
"ctxquota". Sounds as if it's necessary for the limits? If yes, then there is
another problem with the me and the patches, because the patched kernel
refuses to remount the partition when this option is set: "unknown option"...

greetings
Alexander
agoeres_at_lieblinx.net
tel.: +49 (0)30 / 61 20 26 87