From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu 30 Oct 2003 - 14:01:41 GMT

Christian Mayrhuber <christian.mayrhuber_at_gmx.net> writes:

> BUT: util-vserver does not comply with debian policy.
> It does not honor the VSERVERS_ROOT variable in /etc/vservers.conf.

Yes, I know. But as you said already, this path is hardcoded at several
places and it would require very much work to fix it everywhere.

I will try to implement a '--with-vrootdir=<DIR>' ./configure option,
which hardcodes /vservers (or whatever you want) at compile-time.

The new configuration concept (alpha-branch) will handle this issue
completely different (/etc/vservers/<name>/vdir is symlink to
../.defaults/vdirbase/<name> by default). Since tools must/have been be
rewritten in large parts to cope with this, extensive changes in the
legacy code to make it runtime-configurable would not be worth the
effort IMO.

Enrico