From: Lyn St George (lyn_at_zolotek.net)
Date: Wed 08 Oct 2003 - 18:39:54 BST

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:01:40 -0500, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

>There was a bug in the vserver script when it fails to parse the vserver
>context number and then claimed the vserver was not running while
>it was.
>
>I suggest you upgrade the vserver package.
>
>Now, the security context may be high because you may be probing
>non running vserver or because of the bug explain above. Each time
>to "enter" a non running vserver, a new security context is allocated always
>greater until it reaches a maximum and then loop and then try to find un-unsed
>one. Now if the vserver script thinks the vserver is not running and you
>call the script often to do some probing, new security context will be allocated
>each time.
>
>Please upgrade the utilities and see how it goes.

Thanks for that Jacques. As an immediate fix I rebooted the host
server, which took nearly 2 hours to run fsck (on 60Gb), and everything
is back to normal for now.

I will upgrade whenever a 'stable' branch emerges from the current
re-organisation. So many patches and versions after ctx12 seemed
'experimental' that I previously had no reason to change, despite many
of those patches (Alex Lyashkov's paticularly) having obvious benefits

Cheers

.

-
Cheers