From: Sam Stickland (sam_ml_at_spacething.org)
Date: Mon 06 Oct 2003 - 15:36:45 BST

----- Original Message -----
From: <ragnar_at_this.is>
To: <vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [vserver] How safe/reliable is vserver ?

> Hello,
>
> > > Is their any risk that an employee may access to data
> > > of the financial group ?
>
> > There is always a risk.
>
> I would like to say.
>
> There is no risk -
> as this is the point in having vservers.
>
> > > Is their any risk to loose data within a vps ?
>
> > just like any other server you can loose data.
>
> One benefit of vserver is that you can use
> tools like vserver-copy to have
> a ready to run copy of your server
> in another box (in another building)

Yes, this for me is the main reason I've been tracking this project: The
flexibility to be able to move around whole vservers. In a diastaster,
completely spare hardware isn't always available, and the ability to
resurrect a dead server on another machine is a great advantage. With
NAS/SANs and heartbeat monitoring, active/standby setups shouldn't be hard
to configure either.

Sam

Generated on Mon 06 Oct 2003 - 15:55:49 BST by hypermail 2.1.3