From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 23 Jul 2003 - 14:23:53 BST

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:02:17PM +0200, desman_at_gmx.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> this question is to herbert:
>
> i red your http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/HowTo.shtml but the
> section with shared partition information is not written jet.
>
> My Problem is, that i can`t be sure if i won`t have to expand
> the space of one context.
>
> So if i make a fs with 3 GB it could be that in 3 month i need
> to have 5 GB but then i would have to resize all partitions
> on the harddisk.

yes, but this is not such a big thing, if you use
lvm for example (just resize the lvm lv, and afterwards
the filesystem on it) ...

> So i wanted to ask you if there is a possibility in the near
> future to use quota in one big partition where all context`s live.

it is, actually it is working right now, but I would
not encourage you to use it, because it is somewhat
complicated to setup ...

in the near future, there will be a better solution,
which addresses those issues ... are you interested
in testing such stuff? or do you just want to use it?

HTH,
Herbert

> Greetings
>
> Oliver

Generated on Wed 23 Jul 2003 - 14:57:17 BST by hypermail 2.1.3