From: Guillaume Plessis (gui_at_moolfreet.com)
Date: Wed 23 Jul 2003 - 11:38:36 BST

Hello

I have some problem compiling a 2.4.21 vanilla kernel with the ctx17
patch provided on solucorp.qc.ca.

Since the situation about vserver and ipv6 stuff is not clear, I don't
want to enable the ipv6 options during the kernel configuration. But, if
I don't, the compilation fails with this error message :

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -nostdinc -iwithprefix include -DKBUILD_BASENAME=udp -c -o udp.o udp.c
udp.c: In function `udp_v4_lookup_longway':
udp.c:239: warning: unused variable `score'
udp.c:245: `score' undeclared (first use in this function)

I also watched the udp_v4_lookup_longway function in net/ipv4/udp.c and
saw some changes between 2.4.20-ctx17 and 2.4.21-ctx17. The scoring
values changed and I don't want to break the IP stack applying hazardous
changes.
Looking at the code, it's clear that the score variable is not defined
if the kernel is compiled without ipv6.

So could someone help me to fix this problem by initialising 'score' with
the good score values?

Best regards

Gui

--
Guillaume Plessis                     <gui_at_moolfreet.com>
GnuPG Key-ID: BA729AD0