From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Wed 09 Jul 2003 - 15:46:33 BST

I think this is because iptables can't be used from within the vserver context,
because access to the kernel is denied. I don't know if there's a CAP for
allowing iptables access. I guess you have to set the rules in the physical
server, because all traffic is also going through there. run ifconfig as root in
the physical server and you'll see that all the network interfaces, even the
virtual one's are there.

Oliver Dzombic wrote:
> hi,
>
> compiled 2.4.21 with CTX 17 and vquota support.
>
> iptables works 100% at the real server. No errors. Iptables and all possible
> modules were compiled in the kernel.
>
> But in the vserver context i get:
>
> modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.21-ctx17/modules.dep
> (No such file or directory)
> iptables v1.2.6a: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Permission
> denied (you must be root)
> Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
>

> Any solutions ?
>
> Greetings
>
> Oliver

Generated on Wed 09 Jul 2003 - 16:08:24 BST by hypermail 2.1.3