From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Tue 08 Jul 2003 - 16:34:23 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> you are not using the patched quota tools, are you?
> anyway, repquota within the virtual server often shows
> too much, because it gains it's information from the
> quota files ...

yes, I'm using the patched quota tools in the physical server, but not in the
virtual server. so is it necessary to use the patched tools in the vserver too?

>>here's the output from the hostsystem (repquota -aug):
>

> that is the reason why I prefer 'Virtual' and 'Physical' over
> vserver and host, so mpex resides on the 'Physical' part.

yepp. but this user has been present since I setup the system.

>>User CTX used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
>>root -- 1841640 0 0 70414 0 0
>>daemon -- 16 0 0 6 0 0
>>man -- 536 0 0 29 0 0
>>lp -- 12 0 0 3 0 0
>>mail -- 64 0 0 19 0 0
>>news -- 8 0 0 2 0 0
>>mpex -- 328 1000 1500 6 0 0
>>identd -- 4 0 0 1 0 0
>>#4043 0 -- 644 0 0 59 0 0
>>#200 0 -- 584 0 0 83 0 0
>>#505 0 -- 5148 0 0 274 0 0
>>#573 0 -- 454248 0 0 33443 0 0
>>#3009 0 -- 2512 0 0 305 0 0
>>#0 2 -- 4 0 0 0 0 0

ok, now I installed a fresh virtual server on an LVM device. vrsetup is using
/dev/vroot/1 for this vserver (I guess using one vroot device per vserver is the
way to do it). I copied the patched quota-tools 3.08 to the vserver. right after
entering the vserver I ran quotacheck -augvm and quotaon -augv.

this the first output of repquota -aug
User CTX used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
root -- 138126 0 0 6739 0 0
daemon -- 2 0 0 3 0 0
man -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
mail -- 4 0 0 4 0 0
news -- 1 0 0 1 0 0

after adding user "virtual01" it looks like this (two new entries):

User CTX used soft hard grace used soft hard grace
root -- 138124 0 0 6739 0 0
daemon -- 2 0 0 3 0 0
man -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
mail -- 4 0 0 4 0 0
news -- 1 0 0 1 0 0
#0 4 -- 2 0 0 2 0 0
#1000 4 -- 4 0 0 3 0 0

so is it right that everytime a user does something he's recognized by the quota
system and put in the quota.user file? this would also explain the next output.

after editing the quota of user "virtual01" with edquota it looks like this:

#0 4 -- 3 0 0 3 0 0
#1000 4 -- 5 10 0 4 0 0
#8 4 -- 1 0 0 1 0 0

if the uid is the same as in /etc/passwd than user must be "mail".

Generated on Tue 08 Jul 2003 - 17:05:00 BST by hypermail 2.1.3