From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Wed 11 Jun 2003 - 17:01:43 BST

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:36, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> Next group is running different hosts in different vservers. For the
> easiness of moving hosts. Means, if you have a too high load on a host,
> you can tar a couple of vservers down, untar them on a new host and you
> are running. Problem solved, no big problem.
>
> Unifying could be a space saver, but how expensive are harddisks ?

It's not so much that, it's more a question of how much space do all
those redundant copies of the C libraries and applications take up in
RAM.

A reminder that my unify-dirs script doesn't require anything of the
OS or vserver - it simply tries to hard link files together that are
common between vservers wherever it can.

http://vilain.net/vserver/unify-dirs

--
Sam Vilain, sam_at_vilain.net

"Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it" - Gordon R. Dickson -