From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 08 May 2003 - 19:40:50 BST

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 12:25:05PM +0100, Lu?s Miguel Silva wrote:
> That is a very nice approach, but what about real quota (per user) on a
> vserver?

to cut it short: the problematic issue is the quota storage
(or quota files, which are written by the kernel and maintained
by the userspace tools) except from this, the per context quota
patches provide everything 'real' quota does plus an additional
quota type for the entire context ...

> The (non'official) patches for quota support are considered unsecure and
> unstable.

they are unofficial because Jacques doesn't like them, and
they are development because I got almost no feedback at all ...
but they are neither unsecure nor unstable (breaking apart ;)
although I have to admit, that they are currently out of date.

> Does anybody know of a way to add *real* quota support for each vserver?

It depends, what you mean by *real* quota ... have a look
at http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/Concepts.shtml and
tell me what remains *unreal* for you ...