From: Lyn St George (lyn_at_zolotek.net)
Date: Wed 30 Apr 2003 - 02:22:13 BST

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:14:29 +0100, Sam Stickland wrote:

>Does Redhat 7.3 use shadow passwords by default, while 6.2 doesn't?

To the best of my knowledge they are identical in this regard.
Temporarily I've taken an old version of 'su' which does the job.
It's a kludge though, and I'm a little suspicious that there will be other
things going wrong somewhere.

One thing: when entering a vserver from the host, the prompt now
shows 'root_at_vserver:<server_name> dir', when it used to show
'root@<server_name> dir'. Do other people get this too, or should
I worry about it?

-
Cheers