From: Jan-Marc Pilawa (j.pilawa_at_tu-bs.de)
Date: Mon 03 Mar 2003 - 14:25:01 GMT

default on RH 7.x is to bind to 0.0.0.0, but should that really matter in a
vserver? only if

...the master runs mysqld too (I thought)!

I have the same config running mysqld in two vservers, both running fine.

Best regards

Jan Pilawa.

Zitat von Luís Miguel Silva <lms_at_ispgaya.pt>:

> Hello,
>
> > This has me baffeled. Running 2.4.19ctx-15. and mysql version: 3.23.54
> > When I try to connect to mysql that is running on a vserver I get at
> > first the following error on the client side
> >
> > Enter password:
> > ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
> This is weird...BUT...

[...]
> Are you sure you are only trying to bind to the vserver ip address and not
> 0.0.0.0? take a look at my.cnf (i think that is the name of the mysqld
> configuration file)

Generated on Mon 03 Mar 2003 - 14:40:04 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3