From: Christoph Kuhles (ck_at_aquatix.de)
Date: Wed 05 Feb 2003 - 17:47:30 GMT

Hi,

as I'm using IPv6 on my machine and I need idented connections on v6,
I cannot start identd within a vserver (I guess) without starting lots
of instances in order to bind all IPs. Hence why I thought, why not
just do global identd, it's a good thing anyways ;-) Now, the thing
is, if I'm using pidentd, it seems to work just fine, connections on
both v4 and v6 get idented correctly within a vserver and also
outside. However, switching to oidentd which is what I really want to
use, only connections outside a vserver get idented. Has anyone here
made experiences with running oidentd globally and still have it
working within each vserver? Any help appreciated, thanks.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Christoph Kuhles Geschaeftsleitung / Managing Director

Aquatix IT-Services e.K. Telefon: +49 471 3914540 Gildemeisterstr. 15 Telefax: +49 800 1234500 27568 Bremerhaven E-Mail: ck_at_aquatix.de AG Bremerhaven, HRA 4216 Web: http://www.aquatix.de/

Generated on Wed 05 Feb 2003 - 18:18:02 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3