From: Alexander Shishckin (shisha_at_hotbox.ru)
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 - 11:33:41 GMT

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 01:36:34 +0100
Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> wrote:

> > Now that depends on who you are and what your using it for.
> > I have numerous clients and people that host with us that the
> > server/vserver that is located at our location is their ONLY *nix
> > system they have access to PERIOD.
> > I guess if I wanted to be evil I'd remove the man pages and charge
> > them a set fee every time they asked me for help to do something they
> > could found in man but then I wouldn't have many clients after a short
> > while.
>
> *smile*
> needless to say, that the man pages 'should' reflect
> the installed utilities, which probably will differ
> on local an vserver machine ;)

Ok, I guess I was wrong about those manpages. I just didn't keep
probable 'clients' in mind. Sorry.

Now my suggestion is to start a new thread and discuss the point in detail. I mean what software/packages are needed as minimum for basic linux installation into vserver. We all know that vservers technique is almost an untouched ground and it would be very nice to have a standard.

Thanx

Generated on Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 17:17:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3