From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 07 Jan 2003 - 03:25:27 GMT

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 08:32:30PM -0500, Dinesh Mistry wrote:
> Yup the IP is correct, tried that already.
>
> No errors on VPS start up

your problem is trivial, although not obvious.

#define IFNAMSIZ 16
     char ifrn_name[IFNAMSIZ]; /* if name, e.g. "en0" */

"eth0:" (5 chars)
"televendor" (10 chars)
"\0" (1 char)

but the multiple ip stuff in vserver works by
adding numbers to the server name to build the
alias names ...

eth0:televendor1
eth0:televendor2

which results in the same alias name used for
all your ips ... so only the last one is permanent

> START UP
>
> Starting the virtual server televendor
> Server televendor is not running
> ipv4root is now 66.78.30.187 66.78.30.185
> Host name is now televendors.com
> New security context is 28
> CONFIG -
>
> if [ "" = "" ]; then
> PROFILE=prod
> fi
> case $PROFILE in
> prod)
> IPROOT="66.78.30.187 66.78.30.185"
> IPROOTDEV=eth0
> S_HOSTNAME=televendors.com
> ;;
> backup)
> IPROOT=""
> IPROOTDEV=eth0
> S_HOSTNAME=
> ;;
> esac
> ONBOOT=yes
> S_DOMAINNAME=
> S_NICE=
> S_FLAGS="lock nproc"
> ULIMIT="-H -u 128"
> S_CAPS="CAP_NET_RAW"

> IFCONFIG
>
> eth0:tele Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:04:E2:0B:41:62
> inet addr:66.78.30.185 Bcast:66.78.30.191 Mask:255.255.255.240
> UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
> Interrupt:11

> Dinesh Mistry
>
> YourHostDirect
> 1-800-210-6757
>
> Better, Faster and more Reliable Hosting
> http://www.yourhostdirect.com

Generated on Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 17:17:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3